NADONA Announces 2018 Nurse Leader of the Year Recipients
July 6, 2018—Cincinnati, Ohio–The National Association Directors of Nursing Administration (NADONA) is pleased to announce the 2018 winners of the Nurse Leader of the Year Award. This announcement took place at their National Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan, June 24-27.
This award is presented to the Nurse Leaders of the Year, with awards also presented to nurses in selected regions. The winners of the 2018 awards are as follows:
National Nurse Leader of the Year
- Cindy Clampett, RN, FACDONA, EFLA, CDP, SPICE—Ms. Clampett is the Director of Nursing at the Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community, Asheville, NC. She has been working in long-term care for 23 years. Her awards include Nursing Preceptorship and Development: Circle of Excellence and she serves as Mountain Regional Director for the North Carolina NADONA Chapter and on the Nursing Advisory Board for South College in Asheville, NC.
- Cheryl Barnes RN, Northeast Region—Ms. Barnes is the Director of Nursing at the Peabody Home, Franklin, NH. She has served in long-term care since 1991 and has served in her current position of Director of Nursing since 1991. Cheryl serves as Treasurer for the New Hampshire Chapter of NADONA and is a founding member of that chapter.
- Cassie Faircloth, RN, CDONA, FACDONA, IP-BC, EFLA, CDP, Southeast Region—Ms. Faircloth is the Clinical Nurse Consultant, Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services of Halifax County, Weldon, NC. She has served in long-term care for 28 years and has been a Nurse Leader for 25 of those years.
- Tilisa Coleman RN, Central Region— Ms. Coleman is the Director of Nursing at the Alpha Manor Nursing Home, Ciena Facilities, Detroit, MI. She has served in long-term care for 25 years and has served in her current position for 9 years.
- Wanda Cavett RN, Northwest Region—Ms. Cavett is the Director of Nursing at North Dakota Veterans Home, Lisbon, ND. She has served in long-term care for 30 years and has served as an administrator 16 of those years and in her current position for 10 years. Wanda is also the recipient of the North Dakota NADONA Chapter Nurse Administrator of the Year.
- Robert Mann RN, ACLS, AMS, CWON, CDONA-Southwest Region—Mr. Mann is the Director of Nursing at Mount Miguel Covenant Retirement Home, Spring Valley, CA. He has served in long-term care for 25 years and has served in his current position for 20 years. Mr. Mann has been a member of NADONA for 17 years.
- Candidate must be a member of NADONA.
- Candidate must be nominated by a health professional colleague such as a facility administrator or attending physician.Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The application process must include a biography of the candidate and letters of recommendation from facility personnel and residents.
- Candidates are selected by an awards committee which is comprised of NADONA/LTC members.
Criteria and nomination submission for the 2019 Nurse Leader of the Year Award will be posted on the NADONA site after September, 2019.
NADONA has been the leading advocate and educational organization for DONs, ADONs and Nurse Leaders in long-term and post-acute care since 1986. With 32 state chapters, it continues to be the largest organization representing nurses working in long-term and post-acute care settings. NADONA offers a wide array of services to its members, including educational materials, national and state conferences, scholarships, Infection Prevention Certificate of Mastery Program, Antibiotic Stewardship Certificate of Mastery Program; Pathfinder Program, Executive Fellows Leadership Academy, Director of Nursing, Licensed Practical Nurse, Assisted Living, Geriatric Diabetes certification programs, a mentoring program and a quarterly journal, The Director. Through its publications and programs, NADONA reaches approximately 20,000 nurses who are employed in long-term care.